Surfing Lessons Apollo Bay Great Ocean Roadno experience necessary, just a desire to ride the waves!
PLEASE NOTE THESE TOURS DO NOT RUN DAILY. Please call or email for availability.
2 hour lessons learning to surf with qualified coaches who teach in the water with you.
Instruction in Surf Safety and Ocean Awareness on Apollo Bay’s safe surf beach. Learn in waist deep water with easy to ride waves.
Full-length wetsuits and safe soft ‘G’-Boards with no sharp edges help to make your whole experience fun. We aim to get you standing first lesson!
Make new friends, meeting fellow learners and local, friendly instructors. Our staff are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Learn how to carry the boards safely and be respectful of other surfers. Our supportive and relaxed staff will help build your confidence in the water.
You need to be able to swim at least 25m.
- Meeting the instructor and other students and fitting of wetsuits. Boards and leg ropes are issued and sunscreen is applied!
- Surf awareness talk to educate students and make them aware of the surf environment. Demonstration on how to carry the board safely and how to enter the water whilst being aware of other surfers.
- How to lie and paddle on the board and how to catch broken waves.
- Practising back on the beach, how to stand on the board and get to your feet, and how to aim the board.
- In water instruction given and continued help of pushing students onto the waves.
- End of class with an opportunity to ask further questions.
The following prices are G.S.T inclusive:
2 Hour Surf Lessons Adults $65 per adult and $60 for kids (16 and under).
For Multi lesson packages please contact us for availability.
JOIN A SURF GROMS HOLIDAY PROGRAM! BOOK HERE
SURF GROMS is available over the Christmas School Holidays- 4 day programs for kids 5-12
20-23 Dec 2018, 28-31 Dec 2018, 03- 06 Jan 2019
09-12 Jan 2019, 16-19 Jan 2019, 22-25 Jan 2019
PRICE $195 per grom, no rego fee included
START- FINISH 10.30am – 12.30am 2hours
When you book on the surf grom website you receive the following RipCurl and Nudie gift pack which includes: Rip Curl Backpack, Rip Curl pencil case, Logbook, nudie SurfGroms rash-vest, nudie brekkie, 2XP Groms Sunscreen, Woolworths fresh food Guide
Please meet in our shop before the lesson begins. Our shop is the first shop as you drive into Apollo Bay, opposite the Information Centre. (You will see mountain bikes outside).
Please pay in our shop before the lesson begins. Please book all lessons to avoid disappointment.
BOOK ON LINE NOW
Call: 0405 495 909
Visit Shop: Opposite the Information Centre in Apollo Bay – the first shop as you drive into town.