Surfing Lessons Apollo Bay Great Ocean Roadno experience necessary, just a desire to ride the waves!
PLEASE NOTE THESE TOURS DO NOT RUN DAILY. Please call or email for availability.
2 hour lessons learning to surf with qualified coaches who teach in the water with you.
Instruction in Surf Safety and Ocean Awareness on Apollo Bay’s safe surf beach. Learn in waist deep water with easy to ride waves.
Full-length wetsuits and safe soft ‘G’-Boards with no sharp edges help to make your whole experience fun. We aim to get you standing first lesson!
Make new friends meeting fellow learners and local, friendly Aussie Instructors. Our staff are happy to answer any questions you may have.
How to carry the boards safely and be respectful of other surfers. Our supportive and relaxed staff will help build your confidence in the water.
You need to be able to swim at least 25m.
- Meeting the instructor and other students and fitting of wetsuits. Boards and leg ropes are issued and sunscreen is applied!
- Surf awareness talk to educate students and make them aware of the surf enviroment. Demonstration on how to carry the board safely and how to enter the water whilst being aware of other surfers.
- How to lie and paddle on the board and how to catch broken waves.
- Practising back on the beach how to stand on the board and get to your feet, and how to aim the board.
- In water instruction given and continued help of pushing students onto the waves.
- End of class with an opportunity to ask further questions.
The following prices are G.S.T inclusive:
2 Hour Surf Lessons Adults $65 per adult and $60 for kids (16 and under).
For Multi lesson packages please contact us for availability.
Weet-Bix SURF GROMS is also available over the Christmas School Holidays
4 day surf programs over summer for kids age 5-12.
Dates and times for Surf Groms 2016 in Apollo Bay are:
Dec 28 – 31, Jan 3 – 6, Jan 10 – 13, Jan 17 – 20 (10.30am to 12.30pm) $190
When you book on the surf grom website you receive the following RipCurl and Weet-Bix gift pack:
Please meet in our shop before the lesson begins. Our shop is the first shop as you drive into Apollo Bay, opposite the Information Centre.
Please pay in our shop before the lesson begins. Please book all lessons to avoid disappointment.
BOOK ON LINE NOW
Call: 0405 495 909
Visit Shop: Opposite the Information Centre in Apollo Bay – the first shop as you drive into town.