Guided Seal Kayak Tours Apollo Bay, Great Ocean Road
PLEASE NOTE THESE TOURS ARE EXTREMELY WEATHER DEPENDENT and may be cancelled last minute if winds change and wave conditions are not suitable.
Included: 1 1/2 hours of instruction and touring, paddling with qualified guides, in easy to use sit-on-top-kayaks. Instruction in Surf Safety and Ocean Awareness at Marengo Marine Sanctuary. All equipment is provided including wetsuits, helmets and PFDs (life jackets).
This is an awesome experience & the only Kayaking Seal Tour on the Great Ocean Road. This seal haul-out rocky platform is teaming with seals (too many to count but we guess there are at least 150!) They are very inquisitive characters and love swimming, duck-diving and playing in the surf. Its wonderful just observing them in their own enviroment and listening to their barking calls. We don’t even mind their smell!
Have fun paddling as a team in our 2 seated kayaks, and at the end of the session the adventurous can catch waves back to the shore!
Learn about the Australian Fur Seals and how they live. Experience them up close and personal and fingers crossed, they may swim over to learn about you!
You must be able to swim 50 meters. (This activity is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.) This is a great activity for both beginners and experienced kayakers.
- Paddles, helmets and PFDs (life jackets) are issued and sunscreen is applied!
- A Safety Ocean Awareness talk informing kayakers how to enter the water whilst being aware of fellow kayakers, and a briefing of the conditions of the day.
- A clear instruction of the kayaks and how to use them, and a demonstration of how to steer and paddle.
- Meet your guide and fellow kayakers and fitting of wetsuits.
- A warm-up paddle in shallow water to become aquatinted with equipment and gain confidence.
- Kayaking to the Seal Colony.
- A short talk on the seal’s lifestyle patterns.
- Catching waves with kayaks on return trip option.
- End of tour and the opportunity to ask further questions.
The following prices are G.S.T inclusive- (Note this is not a private tour):
Kayak Tour $85 per person (no child price applies – need to be age 12 and over to participate). Tour needs minimum 2 people to operate. (Note this is not a private tour)
Meet in the Marengo Car Park, in front of the Marengo Caravan Park. Marengo is 1.5km west of Apollo Bay. (Past the football oval). Look out for our signed vehicle and trailer.
MAKE A BOOKING
Call: 0405 495 909