2 HOUR Guided Seal Kayak Tours Apollo Bay, Great Ocean Road
PLEASE NOTE THESE TOURS DO NOT RUN DAILY & ARE EXTREMELY WEATHER DEPENDENT.
Please call for availability.
2 hours of instruction and touring, paddling with qualified guides, in easy to use sit-on-top-kayaks.
Instruction in Surf Safety and Ocean Awareness at Marengo Marine Sanctuary. All equipment is provided including wetsuits, helmets and PFDs (life jackets)
Have fun paddling as a team in our 2 seated kayaks, and then the adventurous can catch waves back to the shore!
Learn about the Australian Fur Seals and how they live. Experience them up close and personal (closer than viewing by boat) and fingers crossed they may swim over to learn about you!
You must be able to swim 50 meters. (This activity is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.) This is a great activity for both beginners and experienced kayakers.
- Paddles, helmets and PFDs (life jackets) are issued and sunscreen is applied!
- A Safety Ocean Awareness talk informing kayakers how to enter the water whilst being aware of fellow kayakers, and a briefing of the conditions of the day.
- A clear instruction of the kayaks and how to use them, and a demonstration of how to steer and paddle.
- Meeting your guide and fellow kayakers and fitting of wetsuits.
- A warm up paddle in shallow water to become aquatinted with equipment and gain confidence.
- Kayaking to the Seal Colony.
- A short talk on the seal’s lifestyle patterns.
- Catching waves with kayaks on return trip.
- End of tour and opportunity to ask further questions.
The following prices are G.S.T inclusive:
Kayak Tour $70 per person (no child price applies – need to be age 12 and over to participate)
Kayak Tour for 3 people $195
Kayak Tour for 4 people $240
Kayak Tour for 5 people $275
Meet in the Marengo Car Park, in front of the Marengo Caravan Park. Marengo is 1.5km west of Apollo Bay. (Past the football oval). Look out for our signed vehicle and trailer.
MAKE A BOOKING
Call: 0405 495 909
Visit Shop: Opposite the Information Centre in Apollo Bay – the first shop as you drive into town.